Great Ground Beef Mix
Use this mix to make a great Hawaiian-style hamburger patty to sandwich in a bun or to serve atop rice with egg and gravy for a loco moco. Or add a few more ingredients for a terrific meatloaf or meatballs.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place ground beef in a bowl. In another bowl combine the bread crumbs with the broth or milk and let stand for 5 minutes. Add to the ground beef along with remaining ingredients. Mix well (use your hands!). Place the mixture into a loaf pan or form a loaf on a baking sheet. Bake for 60 minutes.
- For meatloaf, add 6 tablespoons ketchup and ¼ cup minced parsley. Place mixture in a loaf pan or shape into a loaf on a baking sheet. Top with an additional 2 to 3 tablespoons of ketchup or tomato paste. Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.
- For an Italian style meatloaf or meatballs, add 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley, 1 clove minced garlic and ½ cup grated parmesan cheese.
- For an Asian meatloaf, meatball or burger, add 6 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce to the mix and ¼ cup finely minced green onion. See the recipe for Teriyaki Sauce on SYT.