The Hot Hawaiian – Sweet Mango Pepper Jam
- 5 cups chopped mango
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 2 hawaiian chili peppers, seededs
- 1 lime
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 box powdered pectin
- 5 8-ounces jars
- Run the peppers through a food processor, then drain excess liquid.
- Place peppers and mango into a large pot, squeeze the lime juice through a sieve into pot, add remaining ingredients and stir. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cook on medium heat stirring frequently for 1 hour.
- Place your jar lids in hot water (not boiling). Fill your jars to approximately 1/4 inch from the top with jam, put the warm lids on the jars and fasten with the rings.
- Place the closed jars in a large pan of boiling water for 5 minutes, remove from water and allow to cool. If you plan to eat your jam immediately, just allow to cool and refrigerate. It will keep for 1-2 months without spoiling and even longer in the freezer.