- 1 pound Hamakua mushrooms (oysters, piopini, alii, or shimeiji will also work)
- 1 tablespoon macademia nut oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 green onions, finely minceds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cut mushrooms into bite sized pieces, discarding stems. Heat the macadamia nut oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar, green onions and sesame oil, toss together and cook for another minute. Remove from pan and serve.