Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
This salad is a meal in itself; it's great stuffed into a pita bread pocket. And this salad can be dressed ahead and maintain its crunch for even a couple of days. The broccoli and cauliflower florets should be broken into very small pieces. Save stems for stir-fry dishes.
- 2 cups broccoli florets, about 1/2 pound
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, about ½ pound
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Toss together the broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, sunflower seeds, raisins and onion. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar and blend well. Pour dressing over the vegetables and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before serving.